Friday, February 12, 2010

Flower Fact Friday: Forget-me-nots

I can't believe that another week has come and gone. Even though the daylight hours are getting longer, they're still flying by.



One of my favorite flowers, both because of the bold colors and because they're low-lying flowers, allowing you to arrange your flower gardens with other flowers and pops of color as well, is the Forget-me-not. Honestly, I think part of my fondness from this flower probably comes from their name - it in itself makes me smile.



Forget-me-nots are the state flower of Alaska, and often symbolize true love, and memories. Blooming in the spring, these blue and sometimes dark purple flowers are considered a wild flower, but are often planted in gardens/flower beds because people are drawn to their simple beauty. If you choose to plant Forget-me-nots, be sure to have them in a moisture rich environment. These beautiful flowers will continue to grow every spring once they have been established in a garden.



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL READERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment