Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Wedding - Blast From The Past

All of this talk about weddings has me thinking about my own. It's been a little over 5 years and my floral design style has evolved (for the better), but I wanted to share some photos of flowers from that special day.

I'm a very colorful person, and it wouldn't have been my wedding had I not shown color in every possible way. Plus, being that my favorite color is orange, and my favorite flower is the Tiger Lily, I knew that these items needed to be a focus, but I didn't want to go over the top.


Each of my girls wore a different color, and each of their bouquets had accent colors/flowers to match that color, and the groomsmen that were paired with them wore the same color/flower boutonniere as their accent color/flower.


My color/flower was obviously an orange Tiger Lily...


My first maid of honor's color/flower was the red Ginger Lily...


The second maid of honor's color/flower was a blue Forget-me-not...


The 3rd bridesmaid's color/flower was a yellow Narcissus...




The 4th bridesmaid's color/flower was a purple Orchid...



For the church, I wanted something simple, that continued with my color palette, and the tropical theme that we had decided upon. So for the church pews, we decided it would be appropriate, and fun to use multi-color Hawaiian Leis.


It's really hard to believe that it's already been 5 years since our "big day", but I still would have picked the same flowers (though the arrangements that I'd make today would look different, as I prefer my style now), and I love that I still have MY bouquet from my wedding. I also love that at least one of my bridesmaids still has her bouquet and it's proudly displayed in her home.

I hope that if one day I have a daughter, she'll play wedding with my bouquet and my husband's boutonniere!

2 comments:

  1. Exceptional work as always! Very bright colors which makes the pictures Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding was beautiful, Tanya! I had such a great time, and I can't listen to "If I Had A Million Dollars" without thinking of you! <3

    ReplyDelete