Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Corsage Season Is Coming - Are You Ready?

Prom and wedding season is just around the corner.  Corsages and boutonnieres will soon be a focus to everyone involved.

Daisy Corsage: $13
Often, girls are excited to see the flower corsage they receive for their prom, and fantasize about how well it will go along with the dress that they spent hours picking out.  And like the dress, they want the flowers to be perfect. At my prom, I had a beautiful white rose wrist corsage.  After the prom, I kept in the corsage case, in the refrigerator for days.  I would frequently visit the refrigerator, opening the box, and looking at the beautiful flowers.  Once the flowers wilted, I was depressed with the idea of having to dispose of it.  I wanted to keep  the corsage as a souvenir of the beautiful night, and now wish that I would have had an artificial corsage, as I would still have it today.

Tiger Lily Boutonniere: $8
Thankfully, I learned my lesson about wanting the flowers as a keepsake, long before my wedding day.  The boutonniere that my husband wore on our big day, nearly 6 years ago, is part of my living room decor.  It sits, adding a splash of color, gracefully placed on my entertainment center.  I walk past it multiple times a day, every day, and it's a constant reminder of the special day to us both.

I currently don't have a section on my site for corsages/boutonnieres, as they are a special item that should be customized for the individual, or outfit.  If you are interested in ordering one, email me: tanya.hofford [at] flauxers [dot] com.  And remember, you don't have to be going to a prom, or a member of a wedding to wear a corsage or boutonniere - just plan a special evening, and make her feel elegant and appreciated with a sweet floral gift for her (or you both) to wear, and keep as a reminder of that special evening.

*Also available, but not pictured: wrist corsage.  There are a number of elegant bracelets that are available to make your day/evening even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment