Monday, August 27, 2012

Flauxers First Craft Show

As of August 25, I have officially had a table, as a vendor for a craft show, and for a first attempt, I'm rating it as a huge success. We realized after getting there that we should have had a clipboard for email newsletter signups, and that we should have had a way to display the jewelry, so that it wasn't all laying down. Crystal, my sister-in-law, helped me with the table on Saturday, and came up with a brilliant idea to use the boxes  (that I had on reserve) for the magnets to prop hold the earrings/necklaces in an organized and accessible way. Other than that, we were set. I've already made a note to myself to include more of these boxes and a clipboard for my next show. 



About 6 - 8 months ago, I made my first Flauxers custom greeting card, and have been wanting to elaborate on this idea, and make the cards available for purchase (The first ones will be online later this week!). So, what better time to start creating these, then my first craft show? They'll be a great addition to the unique items that we offer, and can be customized to fit any occasion or personality. 



After spending a number of hours making the items, we set out to make tags for each individual item, so that the price was prominently displayed.



I also created about 4 different variations of "To Do" lists and items that I wanted to take with me to the show, resulting in just 2 large bins, 2 flat bins, and a couple of boxes, containing everything that we needed for the day. These boxes and bins included everything from the tablecloth, banner, and newsletter sign up list, to every piece of Flauxers merchandise that we had with us.



I've requested information on a couple more shows, but will be definitely at the Montoursville High School Craft Show on 12/1/2012. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment